Saturday, November 14, 2009

Family Visit

Phil and Pook stayed with me last weekend and it was great. We went down to the strip and ate at Planet Hollywood, much smaller than I expected in Vegas. Then we went and watched the fountains at the Bellagio. They are pretty darn amazing. The go in sync with a song and lights; and every 15 min. there is a new show.... never the same song. It is truly amazing and magical. I could watch it every night. There is something so powerful about water, light, and sound.

We also went out to eat at the Cheesecake Factory, and got some yummy cheesecake!! And we went bowling, it was so fun. I honestly can not even remember the last time I went bowling, it must be years and years. But nonetheless, it was so much fun, and I have to admit I am pretty good at it! I even beat Phil in the last game, I think it was 110 to 108. I had a lot of fun and have continued to think about bowling since we went last week.

They came to Vegas to go to the marriage seminar at my church, which they really enjoyed and received lots of good, new information. They also had the opportunity to meet a lot of the pastors and get prayed for, which I am so happy about. They are continually pouring out in Thailand and were able to receive a much needed pouring into while here. My church accepted them and welcomed them like they were their own missionaries. It was very special and encouraging.

Of course, knowing me, I never brought my camera out once while they were here.... who knows what I was thinking! (clearly I wasn't).

No comments: