Saturday, October 31, 2009

Family Time

Today is Nevada Day, so I had no school. That's amazing, why is there no California day?! So I drove home to Modesto yesterday. Practically 8 hours, crazy! But actually not so bad, making lots of phone calls definitely helped!

It is so nice to be home and be with my family. Lalita is so big! Walkin' around like it's nothing, but she is still like I remember and still the same mannerisms. She is just too cute! She is a little stand-offish, does a lot of staring, and checking with her parents if everything is ok. She is 11 months today. It feels so good to be with Phil and Pook, I can't believe it's been 6 months since I've been with them. Definitely brings me back to my Thailand days, oh how much I am missing that country right now!



Our parents are up north right now, Roger is diving for abalone. I can't wait for them to get back so I can eat some fresh abalone!!!

We went shopping at Payless today and the sales girl told us of the coupon from Oprah and then a guy walked in and handed us his 50% off Oprah coupon. It was the most amazing thing! So my brother got like one pair of shoes for free! Thank you God!

We then went to TJ Max and I found the CUTEST red long pea coat jacket, I'm so excited. I'll try to post a picture.

It is so nice to be home and be with them, I wish I didn't have to go back to school. But at the same time I love my church and school and don't want to miss anything available to me. Catch 22!

2 comments:

mary plus vince said...

oh my gosh, I can't believe she is so big already! has it really almost been a full year? she's adorable and you look beautiful (as always).

i went to payless tonight too, but by the time we got there the line was waaaaaaaaaaaaay too long, so we bailed! bummer, i love shoes.

Eliza said...

I love Lalita's two bottom teeth, adorable! I'm glad Nevada was kind enough to have a holiday so you could go home and spend some good time with your family. :D