Saturday, September 19, 2009

My New Home

Vegas. What can I say? I had no idea just how big this city is, 1.8 million people. There are so many many shops, shopping centers, restaurants (each one you could ever think of). It is just so crazy to me. Each new street I turn down there are more and more shops, it's unbelievable. There is a Walgreens on every block, no joke! I drive for 4 min. and have already passed 3 of them, it's just so crazy the amount of money out there! I feel like a kid in a candy store or like it's Christmas morning. I have no idea what will be in the next shopping center, the I see my favorite store. Whole Foods, Gap, William- Sonoma, P.F. Changs, and tons of restaurants I've never heard of. I will be eating out a lot! (uh-oh!) . I am surprised I haven't been in an accident, it's so hard to keep my eyes on the road when I'm trying to see everything out there.

Moving to a new town is so exciting, I see why now some people do it so often. Everything is new, and you discover more and more of the city as you drive, connecting the dots, and realizing how it all fits together. It's something new and totally different from your other way of living.

I have found all the essentials: Target, Wal-Mart, Whole Foods, Trader Joes. I even found a great gym just right down the street, seriously like a 5 min drive. It's an amazing gym and only $22 a month, I have never paid that cheap for a gym... AMAZING!

From the windows of the house we can see the strip, at night it looks great, all lit up! I am actually only about a 15 min. drive from the strip, a straight and easy shot (no confusing highways). That will be nice when friends come to town.

I am still getting used to the GORGEOUS mountains that completely surround Vegas. They are so Beautiful, powerful, and massive. At first glance I don't even think they're real, but just some billboard or back drop. They are seriously breathtaking. That is something I hope I never get used to. Living in California, we just do not see that. They remind me of God's strength and awesomeness.

No comments: