Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Las Vegas Athletic Club

I found a great gym just down the street from my house. It is huge! Tons and tons of cardio machines. It's crazy you can plug your ipod up to the treadmill and your playlist comes up on the touch screen, so you don't have to try to change songs on your little ipod while running, but can do it all on the screen. (and it charges your ipod!) Pretty cool. There are tons of giant tvs you can plug your headphones into and listen too. It is great. And all brand new machines, I've never seen such cool machines, and I've been to my fair share of gyms.

There are 2 big group class rooms. That's what I'm most excited about. My gym in San Luis had amazing group classes and I just haven't been able to find that since, so I am super excited to have that now. My favorites are BodyStep, BodyPump, and Pilates. It's great that I have such a flexible schedule that I can take one of these almost everyday.

The gym also has an indoor track on the second level with windows all along the outside wall, so you can see the whole city and mountains, so it's like you're running outside; but it's so darn hot here that one would be crazy to actually run outside! There is also a couple lap pools and a sauna (which I love). I could spend hours at the gym, and I hope my schedule will permit that!

When first signing up you get 1 free personal training session. So I had mine on Friday. Turns out the lady is a recent Christian and goes to church nearby, so we were able to talk about that and the school that I go to. She seemed really interested and I told her how they have 'Fasttrack' program that is only a couple nights a week. It was such a great workout, we totally clicked and got along really well. At the end, she said they don't normally do this but she wants to give me one more free training session so we can do an arm workout weight routine (since we just did legs). I thought that was a such a fun blessing! God is so good!

The best thing is, it is only $22/mo.!!!!! I have never paid that cheap for a gym, that totally made my day, I was afraid it was going to be like $50.

1 comment:

mary plus vince said...

that was so kind of her to give you an extra session for free!

i'd love to have a personal trainer, but every time i've had a gym membership it is just too expensive to get one. oh well!

good luck with your work outs! i'm glad you were able to find such a nice gym!