Monday, August 24, 2009

Changes

I suppose it's time for an update.

I only have 3 more weeks of work and I could not be more excited! In years past I absolutely loved my job, but this year... not so much. It is the longest summer I've ever worked and some of our markets have greatly expanded requiring much more work, so maybe that's it. I have been working with my friend Vanessa, which has been such a blessing, with out her I'm pretty sure I would have had to quite or take a mental leave. I've never realized how absolutely insane some people can be. But it's almost over, the count down has begun.

Vanessa and I at Civic Center, SF

Vanessa and I

In 3 weeks I will be moving to Las Vegas and going to a Bible School there. I am pretty excited. Last week I had my phone interview and passed! They accepted me soon after. I am excited for a change in scenery and a new place. I am nervous though about being so far away alone. This period of time right after college is so strange. Your whole friend and support group you build up for 4-5 years suddenly drifts away and everyone separates. You find yourself on your own again, alone, trying to find 'what you're supposed to do' with your life. I supposed the greater population gets married at this time and doesn't have to go through it, they don't know what they're missing let me tell you.

But school will be good. I'm excited to be submerged in that environment and to be constantly fed the Word and Truth from God. I know a lot of growing and changing will happen, I'm excited to see myself and my life a year from now.

Las Vegas... not my ideal location, to say the least. But you gotta do what you gotta do.

1 comment:

Eliza said...

That's exciting about Bible School, you'll definitely have to keep us posted on how it all goes. Have fun!