Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Day 5

It is day 5 of my journey.  It has been a little tough but I think that's because I am combatting wicked jet lag and I think I was also sick.  

Day 3 was really rough, about mid-day I thought I was dying, my whole body was aching and I couldn't figure it out... was I hungry?  did I need more calories?  So I tried to eat some nuts and drink more water.  The day before I had real bad *diarrhea* and was quite dehydrated as a result. After I ate a bit, I felt worse and realized I was going to throw up. After that completely miserable experience, including popping numerous tiny blood vessels in my eye lids, I felt better... although very exhausted.  So I slept from 1pm- 10pm, then awake from 10pm-3am, then slept again til 6am.  I'm not sure if I had contracted a sickness or if that was my body's way of detoxing itself due to the new diet.  Luckily I have felt much better since then.

It has never been this hard for me to readjust to the time, but maybe cause I lived elsewhere for 6 months.  It's day 5 and I'm still way off schedule: sleeping at 6 pm and waking at 3 am.  I guess the upside is I still have one more week before work starts and I'll really need to be on schedule.

But back to the whole raw part, really not too bad, granted I've been sleeping for over half of each day, so I don't eat that much anyway.  I have found some really amazing food recipes and it's crazy you can still eat everything- pizza, ice cream, pudding, cakes... it's just all made with natural ingredients, and of course takes longer to make (down side).  

I have been eating lots of smoothies, fruit salads, BIG salads with spinach, avocado, olives, bell peppers, walnuts, broccoli, carrots, and beans; bags of mixed nuts (almonds, walnuts, macadamias), and as much water as I can remember to get down! :-)

My parents have a Vita Mix so I feel super blessed, that thing is AMAZING!  I also want to buy a good juicer and food processor, but I need to determine how serious I am about this way of eating. Will I really use those machines after this month?

I'm going to go food shopping today and try to make one of the cold soup recipes I found.

Thus far I haven't experienced increase in energy (probably due to jet lag).  I have noticed just a better feeling inside, I used to wake up every single morning with the worst stomach ache (not from hunger) I couldn't figure it out but my stomach always hurt, so I never wanted to get out of bed. Now that pain is gone, thank goodness! I'm not craving any other foods, just excited to try all the new recipes of foods I've never had!  I have either ran or walked 3 miles each day.  Today I weigh 127 lbs.

No comments: