Monday, September 27, 2010

Iris Reunion

This past weekend there was a big Iris (Rolland and Heidi Baker- who I went to Africa with) conference. Paired with the conference was a reunion of the Harvest School from Mozambique. The whole thing was top notch, absolutely amazing. About 12 people from my school came out which made it all the better. It was surreal seeing each other in the states, in our 'normal' clothes and cleaned up. =) The conference was in the evening and us from the reunion met up during the day at the beach. We got to have private sessions with Rolland and Heidi. It was so wonderful to talk to and be with our Mama and Papa again. And our directors of the school, Nathan and Sara, were there too. I didn't realize how much I missed them and long for that family love and fellowship.

This was perfect timing for all of us recently coming home from Mozambique. A lot of us felt a lull in this transition stage back to 'real' life. But now we are all fired up and know our worth and are ready to conquer the world again. I was able to make some really good connections regarding Thailand. I'm excited to see how it will all work out, but I definitely don't feel alone. I know my Iris family loves me and will support me in anything.

Our Harvest school leaders are heading back to Mozambique in the next few days to start the new session of students that's about to begin. Hearing everyone heading back, made me really miss Mozambique and wishes I was returning with them. Now that's something never expected to say, but it's true. They are going to have an amazing next 3 months, I am so jealous. But I know the plans God has for me in the near future and that gets me more excited than anything!!

Stay tuned and I'll share my future plans!!




Chattin' it up with Heidi Baker!! She is so humble and down-to-earth, it's amazing!






No comments: