Saturday, July 17, 2010

June 29, 2010

My birthday was a few weeks ago. I didn’t know what to expect, having it here. But it was actually quite amazing. God blessed me with wonderful friends and lots of surprises through the day. My two lovely friends and roommates stayed up the night before making signs, decorating the kitchen, and baking a cake.

At class they sang Happy Birthday to me and the whole morning seemed to be orchestrated just for me. God was meeting me right where I was at. After school, my lovely friends, Lauren and Elias, took me out to eat at a wonderful restaurant with a beautiful ocean view and white sandy beaches. In the evening my whole house sang Happy Birthday, and prayed over me and we enjoyed the cake. We were then able to find a laptop and watch a movie- first time in a month- it was surreal. Towards the end a girl from my school knocked on my door with a brownie and ice cream from a nearby restaurant. It was absolutely amazing! I definitely felt loved.

About a week later I was able to get on the internet and was overwhelmed by all the birthday messages. Thank you everyone! I definitely feel loved and missed!!!

1 comment:

Mo said...

You are loved!!! I know I didn't leave you a birthday message, but I just want you to know I have been thinking of you often and am stoked to read your blog and hear about your life. I love you and miss you, my friend!