Thursday, May 14, 2009

Back to work!


Today was my first day back to work. Back to my farmer's market at the Civic Center in San Francisco. I've been going to that market for 7 years and have built up quite the 'fan' base.

I couldn't believe I was there again, I felt like I had just been there, like I had never left. But I loved it, I am so comfortable there. The work days are long- I left at 4am and returned at 7pm- I stand in my stall for over 11 hours, it's really crazy when I think about it. And to top it off, this morning a guy was supposed to meet me to help set up, but didn't show so another guy (homeless guy) helped me. While he is helping me, I catch him peeing in a corner of my stall and trying to pee in a bag. This was my welcome home. Believe it or not, this did not even phase me, I told him not to do it in MY stall and handed him some gloves.


But other than that, it was a good day. My customers and fans started cruising by the booth and were so very surprised to see me. I felt such genuine love and genuinely missed. There were many hugs and kisses. It was so fun to see who I'd recognized next, and if they'd recognize me. =)

My feet and back were really hurting half-way through the day, I'm going to have to build those muscles up again!

I was worried being on this diet, I would be exhausted and not able to do the work. But I honestly felt great and had plently of energy (even a little more than usual come the end of the day, I think!).

No comments: